Monday, June 05, 2006

Knitting World Cup

I've signed up for the knitting world cup. My project will be the too cute halter top for baby girl from the spring Knitty. Why is this one a challenge? Because I've just learned to knit left-handed or continental and this will be my first real project i'll knit with this method. I think I'll also knit it in the round and avoid the purl as much as I can.

(an update - with pictures).
Since I can't cast on until kick off I made two swatches. I'm trying to decide between denim and oatmeal coloured cotton.

The fun came next when Eamon learned about blocking! We gave the swatches a bath in Eucalan. Then he rolled them in a towel to dry. Next step: put on your bicycle helmet, grab your paint brushes and magnefying glass and blocking board. Hunh?

Why do you need those, Eamon?
Because I'm a paleontologist.
And a knitter?
Right.




3 Comments:

Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

hooray for the knitters' cup! a good challenge. yay meredith!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

I'll need Eamon to give me a lesson, I've never blocked anything yet!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

Mine can't keep their hands off of the blocking pins -- oooooh, scary for me.

At least you'll have tons of help when you need to, er, excavate your knitting?

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home