Thursday, May 18, 2006

No Photos today..... but inspiration


I was all ready to post with photos of the latest hat for the Dulaan Project - but it seems a certain person who may be my husband has left home with the USB cable. So I am sitting here with a camera filled with lovely shots but no way to transfer them. I'll have to add them tonight!
I was amused to discover that the colour for Project Spectrum this month is green. The most recent hat is green as is the third, presently on the needles. When I saw this I signed up for Project Spectrum - it seems I was already on board without realizing it.

Yesterday I saw something amazing and inspiring. I turned on Oprah for the first time in ages. It was the last part of the show and Oprah was introducing a performance by Sarah McLachlan. She has made a video with 15-dollars and donated the rest of the 150-thousand dollars it normally takes to make a video to help people around the world: paying children's school fees in Africa, buying widows' freedom in Afghanistan, schooling former child soldiers, the list goes on.
I was so moved by the video, by McLachlan's quietly strong performance and by what she had accomplished with one idea and a strong will.

There are so many needs out there in the world it's overwhelming sometimes. I wonder, what can I do, I'm so busy raising my kids, doing the everyday tasks we all do to keep our home and family functioning, working. It's important to be reminded how important it is to do what we can, even such small things as knitting hats and blankets for people who really need them, or giving what we can spare to the people on the frontlines of such organizations such as Medecins Sans Frontieres and ChildHaven and a host of others. Okay, enough. I'll stop now. Go watch the video and be inspired!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home