Monday, May 08, 2006

Dulaan Project
I have just finished my first hat for the Dulaan Project. In my tour of several knitting blogs the other dayI found my way to Mossy Cottage Knits and read about Ryan's goal to receive knit contributions to the Dulaan project from knitters in every American state and Canadian territory and province. I'm happy to put Quebec on the map and I'm sure I won't be the only one. I've also sent out a few emails to knitters in Yukon and North West Territories. I'll have to search a little more for Nunavut but I know you Northern knitters are out there and are just waiting for the opportunity to knit something warm and lovely for children in Mongolia. Make sure to visit the Mossy cottage site for photos of the kids in their sweaters, hats and scarves!

Here's the hat I knit up this week, modeled by my two boys.

I doubled super soft single-ply Merino to make it extra warm. It also made it extra fast to knit on larger needles. I just have to block it then cast on the next Dulaan hat!

If you decide to join the Dulaan Project please let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stefaneener said...

What cutie pies!

The hat looks warm and comfy, too.

12:49 AM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

LOL . . . I was just doing a search for knitters from Nunavut for the Dulaan project. Your blog just came up . . . and you're doing the same . . . well, I know there are some out there somewhere!

8:18 AM  
Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

soooo cute! *have* to say that the boy has changed and grown much since i saw him last year. glad to know that the dulaan project is going strong; i did send some things eeeeons ago & hope it made it to its destination... i love, love seeing the photos of the kids. wish i could hug every one of 'em. i give the kids an extra squeeze & think about just how lucky we are...

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home